Discuss regression caregiving, related relationship dynamics, and have open group conversation about being a caregiver. Share experienced advice and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
By HuntingOwlz
Hello I am new to being a mommy and I was wondering how I should dress or what I am supposed to be wearing for this. I am generally a scene kid, with a bunch of tattoos and piercings. I’m just wondering if there is a certain style I need to be going for now for my little. I just feel nervous asking him if I should be wearing certain things.
There’s absolutely no sort of dress code to being a Mommy. I think the idea of dressing “motherly” in some way makes sense but that’s also by individual perspective in many ways.

I’m tattooed, pierced, and only wear blacks and dark grays. I asked my little partners what they prefer Mommy to dress in and their only (minor) interest was “nursing attire”. They said they didn’t much care about color or style and that they side with the feelings that babies don’t mind their parents clothing choices so much and neither do they. They felt I should dress as I desire. They said maternity clothes and nursing bras/tops are a little interesting but that they didn’t feel these items were at all necessary. They’re pretty honest with me so I don’t think they were trying to spare my feelings or something.

I think you may be able to wind this into light conversation as a “silly question” but that you shouldn’t worry too much about it. Appearances only go so far and I think your partner is much more interested in your personality rather than your clothes anyway. Plus, these things don’t always go hand-in-hand, as I’ve seen plenty of Littles interested in alternative looks!

Hello, I nice to read your post, are you still lo[…]